Links to Discussion Groups
Discussion groups provide a valuable venue to ask questions, share, and discuss the Native American Flute.
- Native American Flute Portal - Discussion Forums
- One of the newer places for community discussions. Although a smaller set of members, the signal to noise
ratio (average quality of content) seems to be higher.
- Statistics: ~100 active members out of 2400 registered members.
- Yahoo: Native Flute Woodworking
- A very active discussion group with a focus on flute making.
- Averages 100 messages per month, and over 3900 members.
- Yahoo: Basic (but complete) NAFlute making
- This group is designed to help the 'beginner-intermediate' Native American style Flute maker in the exchange of ideas.
It is NOT intended to be used for highly technical instruction. Just a simple, easy to understand, basic NAF making forum.
- Statistics: Approximately 50 messages per month, and over 900 members.
- Flutopedia's roster of discussion groups
- A comprehensive list of groups, large and small.
- Facebook's flute groups
have become quite popular, replacing many Yahoo discussion groups.
is used by many flute circles to announce their monthly gatherings. Flute circles are a great places to share, learn and discuss the flute.
Suggest searching on native flute at find a Meetup Group in your area.
Participation with the following groups is less, but they may be of value for their past discussion or their archives of shared files.
- Yahoo: NAF Music
- No longer an active group, but was the largest collection in one place for NAF sheet music, much of it was collected from other web sites,
such as the ones listed here. The sheet music can be found in the "Files" section.
- Statistics: Averages 15 messages per month, and over 4000 members.
- Yahoo: Native American Flute Music Sheet
- No longer an active group. This club was about learning to play and sharing songs. The sheet music can be found in the "Files" section, typically under a sub-folder that has been named for the contributor.
And in some cases, the sheet music saved in a ZIP archive. All of which, makes it sometimes harder to find a piece of music. Many of the
pieces include recordings, either MP3, WAV, or Midi.
- Statistics: Averages 5 messages per month, and over 2400 members.
- Yahoo: Flute makers
- No longer an active group, other discussion groups have replaced it, but at one time it encompassed all sorts of flutes, from simple-system Irish flutes to shakuhachis, ocarinas, and whistles.
- Statistics: Approximately 10 messages per month, and over 1600 members.
- Yahoo: Flutespirit2
- Pretty much a dead group. A group interested in the Native American Flute and also the spiritual aspect of the flute as it relates to your life.
- Statistics: Approximately 1 messages per year, and over 300 members.
Contact the site administrator with changes and recommendations.